This policy applies to First Capital Financial Planning Pty Ltd and all our representatives. It explains our policy in relation to the collection and management of personal information we collect from individuals. The Privacy Act requires us to handle personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- Name, date of birth, contact details and tax file number.
- Employment details and employment history.
- Financial details.
- Details of your investment preferences and attitude or tolerance to investment and financial risk.
- Information about your financial needs and objectives.
- Information about your employment history, employment circumstances, family commitments and social security eligibility.
We will only collect sensitive information that is reasonably necessary for us to perform our functions or activities in advising you and dealing with you.
We collect personal and sensitive information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you such as when you provide the information at meetings, by phone, email, in data collection forms and when you visit our websites. Our website may use “cookies”. Cookies are small data files that are downloaded from our website and stored on your computer when you visit our website. Cookies are used to allow us to see which pages and what information is of most interest to visitors to our website, which in turn enables us to improve our offerings to our customers. You computer’s web browser will allow you to configure your computer to refuse to accept cookies. You can also delete cookies from your computer’s hard drive at any time. However, please note that doing so may hinder your access to valuable areas of information within our site.
- Indirectly from fund managers, superannuation funds, life insurance companies and other product issuers once you have authorised us to obtain such information or authorised other parties to provide us with this information.
- Providing financial and credit services to you.
- Implementing investment or risk management recommendations on your behalf.
- Organising credit contracts or consumer leases on your behalf.
We may also use the information for the secondary purpose of attempting to identify other products and services that may be of interest to you.
If you do not want to receive marketing offers from us please inform us by sending an email to email@example.com or calling 02 9222 1202.
- Our representatives.
- The product issuers of products and services that you have elected to acquire, vary or dispose of using our assistance.
- Our external service providers.
- Third parties whom we have referred you to.
For example, information may be disclosed to the following parties:
- Product issuers and credit providers for the purpose of giving effect to the recommendations made by us, and other organisations who support the products and services we offer.
- Other parties involved in the administration of your financial/credit products or insurance cover (e.g. custodians, credit reporting bodies, actuaries, call centres, mail houses, product registries, any persons who propose to guarantee (or have guaranteed) repayment of any credit provided to you, mortgage insurers, claims assessors etc.).
- Our external service providers (e.g. IT providers, professional advisers and contractors).
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
- Any person considering acquiring, or acquiring, an interest in our business.
- Third parties (e.g. accountants and solicitors) whom we have referred you to for the purpose of providing you with relevant services. Information will be provided to third parties after authority has been obtained from you.
- Government related identifiers.
Although in certain circumstances we are required to collect government identifiers such as your tax file number, Medicare number or pension card number, we do not use or disclose this information other than when required, authorised by law or unless you have voluntarily consented to disclose this information to any third party.
All stored personal information is encrypted in our chosen Business Services and/or Client Relationship Management (CRM) systems. Hard copies of information may be kept securely, and are destroyed when no longer required or upon client instruction, where allowed by law. We take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information collected and held by us is protected from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
First Capital Financial Planning uses Google Apps for Business to host some core business services, such as email, calendaring, and corporate documents. Google Apps is a cloud-based service and has geographically distributed data centers based in America, Asia and Europe. Access to data centers is limited to select Google employees and personnel. If you require further information, please let us know.
We do not disclose your personal information overseas apart from via Google Apps.
In the event you cease to be a client of ours, any personal information which we hold about you will be maintained for a period of not less than 7 years in order to comply with legislative and professional requirements.
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you, and we will respond within a reasonable period after the request is made. Where we provide you access to such information, we may charge a reasonable fee to cover our costs. We will disclose the amount of such costs to you prior to providing you with the information.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant. In the event that you become aware, or believe, that any personal information which we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may contact us to correct the information.
If we disagree about the correction you have supplied, and refuse to correct the personal information, or if we believe that we are unable to comply with your request to access the personal information that you have provided us, we will give you a written notice to that effect. You have a right to make a complaint if you disagree with our decisions in relation to these matters (see below).
Your complaint will be investigated and responded to within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you are entitled to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Tell us what you think
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy. If you have any concerns or complaints, please contact us directly or use the below form.